Weather: Rainy
Mood: Trying to deceive myself that I have nothing to do
Been wanting to write about this for a long time now.
Its amazing how technology changes your life. And ruins it simultaneously.
Whatsapp is seriously getting under my skin.
Yes I know its amazing how friends seem to be just beside you, replying almost instantaneously when you post something.
Yes I know how you can chat with many friends at one go, you can send sound clips, send photos and what not.
Yes I know it forms some kind of bond within the group chatting.
Yes I know it makes you feel connected to everyone whom you care for, even project mates whom you secretly dislike.
Yes I know it makes you feel less lonely when you are alone and have nothing to do.
But I just dont get it. I dont. Call me old fashioned. Or whatever.
What happened to meeting up, face to face?
Phone calls so long they make your ears burn?
What happened to good ol' human interaction and actually spending time looking at each other's faces? Hanging out physically? Feeling someone's presence?
AND FOR GOODNESS' SAKE, STOP STARING AT THE PHONE. I'M SITTING ACROSS YOU. IS MY FACE WORTH LESS THEN A PHONE SCREEN?!!
And why must I get a phone that can whatsapp so that I can be accepted into your group of friends?
Am I socially different if I dont communicate or talk to you guys without the Whatsapp?
Am I any less apporoachable if I dont have a phone that supports Whatsapp?
Oh you dont have Whatsapp? Oh. *with a dirty look*
_________________________________________________________________________________
I used to dig around my house when I was much younger. I LOVED IT.
I pretend my house's a huge mansion, with nuggets of history hidden within it.
I found my mom's drawing classes notes and drawings.
I found her tailoring notes.
Found my dad's report card.
Found his re-service card.
Found my mom's diaries from when she was a teenager until she met my dad and got married.
Found old photos of my dad.
Most importantly, I found letters (love?) written by my dad to my mom. All the way from before they were married. He even sent her birthday letters when they were living together in the same house.
So I asked how, how did they get in touch last time where there was no handphone, no whatsapp, no email, no nothing.
Letters, phone calls, and a lot of trust was how they got through to each other.
Meet ups were held in honour, timings were met. Face to face interaction, physical presence counted a lot.
________________________________________________________________________________
Maybe I am just saying these things because I am spiteful that I dont have whatsapp.
Spiteful that I dont have an Iphone.
Spiteful that I am missing out on so many things...not just exchanges between friends, but probable opportunities
Spiteful that I am not "in the circle"
But despite all this, the irony is that I would still want to get a phone with Whatsapp.
What IS my problem. I feel bitchy. Someone give me a kick.