Today's post is a non-emotive post that sounds like one.
Yesterday as I was about to go to bed, a random thought struck me in my head.
I suddenly think about how my parents, being young once, had their own set of dreams and goals that they wanted to pursue.
I am 21 for quite some time now. I have my own set of directions to go, where I want to move. I have my own dreams, interests to follow and although I do not have a concrete plan for my future, at least I know what I want now, currently. So I try to navigate myself towards these goals that I have set out for myself.
I am very sure that my parents similarly had their own goals that they were moving towards to when they were 21. The kind of lifestyle they wanted to lead, what they wanted to do for a living and so on.
So, (my own postulation) they were more or less on their individual paths until they met each other and decided to settle down. Suddenly, all their own visions and dreams sort of melted away to give in to the mundane bits of life. Bills, stable jobs, children and all.
All their original ideas and visions of themselves for the future now takes a back seat, hovering around in the back of their heads as they continue to be swamped by everyday bits of family life.
I wonder what would their life be without this burden and change of intercourse that they had.
How differently might things have turned out?
All that's left are memories, some in physical forms, like trophies or dairies written, kept in cupboards at home. Some are intangible, still at the back of their heads. I think maybe they are still there, but not as a reminder to return to them eventually, but rather as a keepsake for memory. For what they were moving towards at that point in life.
But then again you cannot really say they are not happy can you? I didnt ask them personally, I postulated.
I guess, as a takeaway, everybody always has a "what if" at their back of their heads.
"What if I made this choice?", "What if I had chosen this route?" etc etc. These "what ifs" will always remain intangible and out of reach. I dont think its practical to dwell upon it because you know for sure you'l never return back to it.
Probably the wisest thing to do is to just live with it and make the very best out of it. At the most, you can always withdraw from your choice. Its your life, be in control.
Yesterday as I was about to go to bed, a random thought struck me in my head.
I suddenly think about how my parents, being young once, had their own set of dreams and goals that they wanted to pursue.
I am 21 for quite some time now. I have my own set of directions to go, where I want to move. I have my own dreams, interests to follow and although I do not have a concrete plan for my future, at least I know what I want now, currently. So I try to navigate myself towards these goals that I have set out for myself.
I am very sure that my parents similarly had their own goals that they were moving towards to when they were 21. The kind of lifestyle they wanted to lead, what they wanted to do for a living and so on.
So, (my own postulation) they were more or less on their individual paths until they met each other and decided to settle down. Suddenly, all their own visions and dreams sort of melted away to give in to the mundane bits of life. Bills, stable jobs, children and all.
All their original ideas and visions of themselves for the future now takes a back seat, hovering around in the back of their heads as they continue to be swamped by everyday bits of family life.
I wonder what would their life be without this burden and change of intercourse that they had.
How differently might things have turned out?
All that's left are memories, some in physical forms, like trophies or dairies written, kept in cupboards at home. Some are intangible, still at the back of their heads. I think maybe they are still there, but not as a reminder to return to them eventually, but rather as a keepsake for memory. For what they were moving towards at that point in life.
But then again you cannot really say they are not happy can you? I didnt ask them personally, I postulated.
I guess, as a takeaway, everybody always has a "what if" at their back of their heads.
"What if I made this choice?", "What if I had chosen this route?" etc etc. These "what ifs" will always remain intangible and out of reach. I dont think its practical to dwell upon it because you know for sure you'l never return back to it.
Probably the wisest thing to do is to just live with it and make the very best out of it. At the most, you can always withdraw from your choice. Its your life, be in control.