As 2010 takes some of its final breaths, extinguished by cold winds and gloomy weather, I pause to reflect back on the year.
2010:
How should I put it?
Yes I definitely finished and accomplished many things, some I'm proud of, others not so.
Done a fair number of things; looking back seems stupid and short-sighted.
Completed a considerable number of things that I can say astonished myself.
And a large amount of things that are stagnant, with their small boxes left unchecked; mentally in my mind.
At the start of the year, I did not specifically draw out what I wanted to achieve by end 2010, instead, I drifted along, not knowing what I wanted, accepting whatever that comes by.
It kind of makes me sink into this comfort zone. Its like a quicksand trap. It sucks you deeper and deeper into its pits. Not that it isnt any good. For one, I relaxed more as compared to before, more time allocated for my mind to wonder.
I learned more, understood a little better.
I learnt new things about myself, about others. Some are nice, others are complex. While a handful border on personal moral values.
Got to know more people.
Got to know people whom I knew, more.
Got to know people whom I thought I knew, less. Familiarity breeds contempt, no?
I 've still got internal struggles/issues unresolved that might be brought forward into 2011. And they tug at me stronger than before. Kind of like a parasitic growth. Address them? I dont know.
2011's a new start for me. Something new and unfamiliar for me. Work, school all over again after a 2 year hiatus and frankly speaking, I'm worried how I'll fare. Will I be the odd one out? The social outcast? The weird boy?
Then again thinking about all this stuffs is as good as speculating whether extraterrestrial life exists or not; you never know.
But I guess bringing them out front from the depths of my mind should be relatively harmless and might even do some good.
So, cheers for 2010 and hooray for 2011 :D