Skip to main content

Been denied of Pleasure for too long

I have been denied of pleasure for too long a time. I desperately want to go roller blading, ever since the last attempt to go roller blading was inevitably foiled, I have been thinking about it ever since.

Not many people are on the same page as I am about roller blading, some prefer cycling, which makes my ass feel mighty uncomfortable/crampish after some while.

Dont really know why I am so attracted to that particular sport, could be the adrenaline rush I guess. Blading very fast, knowing very well that I havent really master how to brake in an instant or perform sharp turns gives me the thrill.

That's what it is all about isnt it? The thrill and surprise from unexpected turn of events.

Some people like the routine lifestyle, knowing exactly what should happen next, down to the minutest of details, like what they are going to have to for dinner tomorrow at the exact restaurant. Catching the bus at 7.37pm so that they return home in time just to catch a television program. Missing the bus or perhaps the particular dish they always eat on Thursday evening throws them into disarray. They have absolute control of their lives, it brings about comfort and familiarity.

Others live precariously on the edge, letting spontaneity take over. taking whatever that comes into their stride. Its never the same, volatility gives them the kick. Fall into repetitive course of action would have been like a fish out of water.

I think I am a bit of both, although I tend to favour the spontaneous lifestyle more. Could be partially due to age, young people tend to lean more to spontaneity rather than scripted lifestyle.

So yes, I think the love for skating could very much be due to the unrestrained streak in me.
Not to mention the feeling of my heart thumping n number of times in a minute due to insane roller coaster rides, sitting in an extremely fast moving but not so stable vehicle, simulated skydiving in a wind tunnel (it was worth every single cent, please try it, all of you), banana boating, G-max reverse bungy, parachute sailing etc etc etc....

Its really easy to win over me I guess if you know my weak spot. I am a sucker for risky things. Almost succeeded in bungy jumping in China if not for my myopia, which, according to the safety guideline may cause pressure upon capillaries and result in them bursting and going blind yahda yahda. That, was a major regret in life. But I will do it all the same, if the opportunity presents itself to me.

And so, I foresee my trip to my favourite park soon, to my usually frequented shop to rent a pair of skates (I should really invest in a pair) , anyone else interested?