Just watched a program, did not really take note of the title, but it showcased Brunei, and how its Sultans lived.
I was shocked, flabbergasted, horrified at the amount of wealth pumped into creating the Sultans' lavish lifestyle. Words fail to find their way into my mind to describe how exaggerating it is.
Gold adorns impossibly towering heights of flawless marble imported from Italy, large shimmering jewels sit upon mahogany staircase, intricate hand sewn patterns made from gold sprawl the carpets. An airy indoor swimming pool, lighted with soft and comforting lamps with a personal butler inside your hotel room.
A personal theater where Whitney Houston, Micheal Jackson, Madonna etc perform
What else can I say?
But then it suddenly dawned onto me, with all the possibly infinite riches amassed, does it truly make someone happier?
Taking myself to be an example, simply by eating a pasar malam's Taiwan Xtra Large Honey Chicken Cutlet can make me a very happy boy for almost the whole day! Bonus if eaten during book out day.
But if I were born incredulously rich, the make-your-personal-banker-giddy kind of rich, I'll never even take a second glance at it, would I? Having sampled food from around the world, I'll most probably be fretting over my next meal, how to make it tingle my taste bud and let the food's warmth trickle down to my heart.
Is always having More = Good?
Can More = Less?