Sigh. Its already the second week of the holidays. And the worst part is, its ending. I'm super behind my schedule for revision. I cannot imagine how I am ever going to make it in time for mid years.
The fact is, I am terribly afraid that I'll disappoint not only myself, but everyone around me. I mean, come on, I do not want to lie to myself, I am not very intelligent to begin with, as much as I want to believe I am. I cant memorise things at the first glance and cant handle higher order questions without needing much aid.
And to add to that, I keep going out! And that, is really precious time wasted meant for studying.
I am having second reservations about the outing next friday. I do no expect myself to be going.
But I do not know how to confront my friends. " Hey, sorry dudes, I needa mug" ?
Is that how? And I do not feel like lying by saying that I'm not feeling well or that I have family matters. It somehow feels mighty uncomfortable, sort of like tightness around the chest to lie.
____________________________________________________________________
On the brighter side, my caterpillar finally became a butterfly!
I am very happy/excited about it. Because I have never done anything quite like this before in my life. Catching a caterpillar and raising it until it becomes a chrysalis and finally a butterfly.
It all seems very unreal. Like things you'll only see on TV, like barney, watching the caucasian kids keeping caterpillars in glass jars. Or like books you borrow in the library where they show pictures of caucasian (again) kids keeping caterpillars till maturity. Never have I once thought about doing it myself, which is quite weird, isnt it?
And neither have any friends thought about it before, I think we all lack a curiosity/investigative/exploring nature. Its quite sad actually. Even my parents were very excited ( although they tried to hide it from me)
Anyway, I feel fatherly. HAHA, not.
____________________________________________________________________
I MUST DO MY BEST! Adopting the Olympic Motto, "Citius Altius Fortius"which is Latin for "Faster, Higher, Stronger".
Come on baby, YOU CAN DO IT =D
The fact is, I am terribly afraid that I'll disappoint not only myself, but everyone around me. I mean, come on, I do not want to lie to myself, I am not very intelligent to begin with, as much as I want to believe I am. I cant memorise things at the first glance and cant handle higher order questions without needing much aid.
And to add to that, I keep going out! And that, is really precious time wasted meant for studying.
I am having second reservations about the outing next friday. I do no expect myself to be going.
But I do not know how to confront my friends. " Hey, sorry dudes, I needa mug" ?
Is that how? And I do not feel like lying by saying that I'm not feeling well or that I have family matters. It somehow feels mighty uncomfortable, sort of like tightness around the chest to lie.
On the brighter side, my caterpillar finally became a butterfly!
I am very happy/excited about it. Because I have never done anything quite like this before in my life. Catching a caterpillar and raising it until it becomes a chrysalis and finally a butterfly.
It all seems very unreal. Like things you'll only see on TV, like barney, watching the caucasian kids keeping caterpillars in glass jars. Or like books you borrow in the library where they show pictures of caucasian (again) kids keeping caterpillars till maturity. Never have I once thought about doing it myself, which is quite weird, isnt it?
And neither have any friends thought about it before, I think we all lack a curiosity/investigative/exploring nature. Its quite sad actually. Even my parents were very excited ( although they tried to hide it from me)
Anyway, I feel fatherly. HAHA, not.
____________________________________________________________________
I MUST DO MY BEST! Adopting the Olympic Motto, "Citius Altius Fortius"which is Latin for "Faster, Higher, Stronger".
Come on baby, YOU CAN DO IT =D